Summer is over, and also it wasn't too long ago that I turned 28, so I
have been a bit pensive lately about things. I've been feeling a bit
rudderless in the last few months and I want to get back on track, make
some personal improvements. So I decided to set some tasks and goals for
the near future.
Goals for the next year or so... (dated Sept 2011)
- Improve and maintain sleep and food discipline. (eating healthy, going to bed at proper times and with appropriate mood)
- Resume medical investigation about my spine and other musculoskeletal issues. See if there is room for improvement.
- Get a tattoo. Need to think about this a lot: search possible designs, consider tattoo locations on the body, etc..
- Resume dance classes to a regular level, keep doing at least one per week. Preferably Body Jam.
my fitness regimen, make it a bit more structured. Learn about fitness
nutrition. Work towards a six-pack (that one is really damn hard).
- Improve my poker game. Improve gameplay and strategies, but more importantly: handle tilt better.
- Resume Japanese lessons. Finish either Rosetta Stone's level I, or Let's Learn Japanese Basic I video lessons. Preferably both.
cosplay again. Maybe reprise Neo (need to redo that costume), but do at
least another character (such as Max Payne, or Nick from Left 4 Dead
- Release version 1.0 of DDT, a version with major issues and
functionality implemented and fleshed out. DDT (D Development Tools) is
an open-source project I've been working on - www.eclipselabs.org/p/ddt,
a continuation of my MSc. Thesis and main career path.
- Learn about Android development. See if it is worthwhile to pursue as a CV and complementary career option.
how to drive, get a driver's license. Drive at least once on both the
UK and continental Europe (that is, try driving on both lanes).
Tall order... better get started! o_o'